View Single Post
Old 2011-03-12, 19:37   Link #2605
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Lack of emotion when singing tends to be Megumi's main problem when singing, which is why I tend to not like her Sheryl covers of Lion, Obelisk, and Diamond Crevasse, and Iteza (live concert) because of how flat she sounds when singing it.

And considering that a lot of instrumentals for the songs Megumi sings are emotional themselves that it helps give the illusion of emotion in her voice. Heck you can even hear in the song Hoshi Watari that I posted a page back. I downloaded the album for it and trust me when I say that the instrumental version of the song can bring you tears.

But hey Megumi is still a newbie she may or may never learn to sing with emotion.
In that case, she and I sing alike. It's more like a part of our age. We both haven't grown out of the childish, squeaky voices. When I sing, I sound emotional, but when I listen to it back, it sounds flat and emotionless, like I'm laughing through the whole thing. For Nakajima, I'm sure it's the same.

I think, when she grows up more, you should look back to her with new eyes and see if she's sung newer and more emotional songs.

All I know is that Diamond Crevasse, the instrumental, doesn't make me cry or smile, just makes me go "huh?" It just sounds flat until the chorus. That, to me, makes Hoshi Kira much better, as it has more instrumentals. I'd love to hear the new version of Northern Cross without the vocals, as the music is quite beautiful and sad there. T___T
LoveMeKags is offline   Reply With Quote