View Single Post
Old 2011-11-06, 20:30   Link #445
Hollowgolem

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Hm...I feel that it was something they expected Japanese audiences to know, or at the very least, guess, especially given his amazing cooking skills as revealed in episode 23. There's a lot of character background that viewers have to guess at, which is good because quite a few interpretations are possible. Though it does get annoying when certain groups insist that their interpretations are the only possible ones because 'it's not shown in the series'. I don't know - there are a lot of subtle things that I personally feel many viewers probably haven't realised (or would rather ignore). Though I'm sure that applies to me too - I need to watch the series again sometime.
Well, I'm sure one could guess at what happened if they were to see a barebones skeleton of the plot, too. The reason one watches a TV series/movie/play/reads a book/etc. is to see it actually fleshed out, in detail.

As I rewatch the series with my girl friend I'm seeing more and more where they cut corners, where they gave themselves loose ends with no time to tie them up. That whole "25 episodes" thing just wasn't a good idea, methinks.