View Single Post
Old 2012-05-16, 04:37   Link #102
kuromitsu

Again, it doesn't work like that. If Shushu is an actual animal (that it seems to be, what gender is it, anyway...), then it must have a mind of its own. If we accept this, then its whole behavior makes sense. Shushu attacked Amata in the gondola when Amata put his hands on her shoulders to steady her. Shushu could've interpreted this as an actual physical attack, or it could've been simply a jealous/protective reaction toward a guy touching Mikono for whatever reason (didn't help that Mikono was all blushy and stuff). Either version would be in line with its later behavior, both toward Amata and everyone else.

Obviously it would've helped if this was established earlier, but I think ep 19 made it clear that they'd been building up to this "surprise" revelation all this time. More and more it seems to me that they were deliberately trying to make Mikono's feelings look vague (which is pretty much the only sensible explanation for a number of things), so it would be a) more in line with her personal development that we're seeing now, and b) would keep people guessing. And it actually would've worked if there was more attention paid to her blah blah blah I think we've been through this enough times.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-05-16 at 05:16.