Old 2008-01-28, 14:01   Link #19005
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Yes... But more... complete.
---
Anywho, I got my OC written up, so I'll put it up here before I turn in for the night. Of course, it's a monster length data bit, but I tend to do that. So what you guys want to do with him...

----

That should keep it all compact.
Compact indeed. The start-off being Mr. Murphy's Law was a nice touch, but for someone who's combat abilities aren't all that impressive, he sure wields a monstrous baby. What's more, he seems to be playing in ranges quite above normal combat hindsights.

I think everything else was already mentioned by others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Needless to say, I have a job for Samurai Penguins. Interested in doing some Outer Cadia Soundstages?
What kind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
To add on to this, I've mentioned before (early on in the thread's life; I think it's among my first posts in here, actually) that it would be best if the references are kept as independent as possible from the action. In other words, don't assume that your readers know what the reference is.

Spoiler for Warning: incoming rant.:

tl;dr: References should be references. Crossovers should be crossovers. Neither are bad, but the two are not the same thing.

As for the mecha-references thing, I'm not a mecha anime fan, and in fact I don't really like mecha anime. My favourite mecha anime would probably be Magic Knight Rayearth, and that's about it.
It depends mostly on the execution, really. Some likes to have an overboard of references, some which may click, some which may miss. Often the most important aspect is to keep the 'references' to something that is core to that character or situation, just borrowed for similarity since imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Akin to something like this. A character needs to chant to use a powerful spell to begin with, so rather than thinking up something, one just reference something else. If one doesn't get it, it doesn't matter since it still works in the context, but if one gets, it's win-win situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Well, while I’m working on stuff, here's THE MAN's profile.

I would like to credit TK for the original profile, which for the most part I've chosen to follow, save for a few things here and there which I've changed for story purposes and some other stuff to make his profile more relevant to the OFM. In the end, what has happened is that both TK and I have given our own twists and spin onto the charecter, refitting him into the Nanoverse, departing in a few places from Halo canon. Sort of.

But he's still the Master Chief. And he will kick ass most righteously.

Spoiler for John-117, Non Comissioned Officer of the Order:

The rest of the Armor, skills, etc will be posted later. Comments welcome.
Hail to the Chief indeed.

Personally, I see nothing wrong here. Reasonably nice of histories, and I like that little touch with the whole trigger thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Puuh... time for me to blow out some crack again xD

Xgouki wanted to read about it... so I came up with this little story out of my Dark Future Setting.
Sorry for the long delay.

Ah... I tried to correct my gramma myself this time... so please bear with me.

Spoiler for The Corruption:
Hmm...

I'm noticing a trend for extravagant titles as of late.

Jokes aside, was quite solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
HOLY-

CRACK ENGINE KIDOU!!!!! ZENRYOKU ZENKAI!!!!
Photobucket needs upgrade much?

Quote:
You're welcome, and that's what we're here in OC to do. The new guys show up, the haxbusting happens, and the concepts are rebuilt back up and then put into practice.

My attempts as follows.

I recall deliberately writing Franz as A+ so that he'd have just enough power to use effective copies of Fate's spells, to fulfill his fanboy aspect, while still being decently powered in his own right... and also so that AMF would supress his power so much, I'd have an excuse to have him using an Assault Rifle. And also because he'd be more suck than he already was if he was S-ranked and kept getting pwnt all the time (poor Signum is sufferring from the Worf Effect).
The biggest factor seems to be speed in its clearest coherency.

With the latest DVD-episode refix, it shows Exceed Mode Nanoha flying in the tunnel carrying Teana, which kinda means that Nanoha's top-flight speed carrying someone... is not really fast. Yes, she's carrying Teana, but the aforemention of Subaru's top-speed being higher in urban areas does speak a little of the average speed-control mechanism in Nanohaverse. I don't think anyone of them is close to breaking regular jet speed unless with Sonic or Flash something, and that is no long term boost. Same with attack radius for most parts.

Quote:
...unless....Excellen/Alfimi/Lemon?
I read that as Excellen/Alfimi lemon.

Though Alfimi belongs to Axel now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
PERSONA 3 IS MADE OF EXTREMELY ADDICTING WIN!!! XD XD XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
  • I'm busy running some MAJOR overhauls in Aurion's profile as by doing some MAJOR de-HAXXing. (HAXXbusters cheer)
  • I'm planning on scrapping some more outragous ideas as well as making a more believable back-story for the Perfect Void (Universally fatal threat? Not any more.XD) in order to make it more feasible to the general public.
  • Also running ideas on how to bring about the Aurion vs. Hayate mock battle.
  • Planning out some MORE OC's.
  • Trying to inject an attempt at EPIC in one scene.
  • Conceptualizing the *beeeeeeeeeeep* in one scenario.
  • Revamping the spell list.
  • Doing even more powering down for some elements.
  • Inserting some scenes of the Perfect Void Incident in backflashes.
  • Scrapping the excessive referencing in my new OC's.
  • Contemplating on how to referecne Saga and the OFM in GenerationS.
  • Thinking of how to first insert Tk's OC's.
  • Thinking of proper tactics to use.
  • Thinking of how to 'believably' HAXX Luozorl further.
  • Thinking of Whether to add more ideas for Tyrfing.
  • Thinking of adding some familiars.
  • Thinking of adding some more OC's from others if possible.
  • Conceptualizing the final battle in a blievable light.
  • Making Hayate's performance believeable.
  • Changing the name and the concepts of the Bookmark System.
  • Offering some nostalgia for the Tome of the night Sky.
  • Thinking of a Tesla+Agito unison.
  • Thinking of a Hayate+Agito Unison...

In short, I want my story as canonically feasible as I can. And Yep, it's fun! Though I'm having particular trouble with portraying Hayate in combat due to excessive shafting.

I'd like to ask now (everyone who won't mind), how would you expect her to hold out in relatively close range? The initial idea is that she has a year under her wing for some training on mid to melee-range self-defense. How should she hold out against someone like say... Vita? As it is now, I'm imaging a large possibility of cries of, "She's supposed to do better!" or "She's not supposed to be THIS good!" or both. So I would like a general opinion. Her spellcasting is better now, BTW. But still way slower than most.
Hoho, a lot of stuff you're doing... *hides my laziness*

As for Hayate vs Vita... hmm... One image that comes into mind is kinda like... Negi vs Takahata. Only remove Negi's kempo thing with mid-ranged out-fighting spells and delayed spells... as delayed spells, though not necesarrily close range attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
We know that she can easily toss out huge mega-destructive blasts, well dwarfing Nanoha's own, and it doesn't seem to tax her as much as it does Nanoha. Strangely enough, we haven't seen her do anything other than these mega-blasts (or close-equivalent power spells), which makes me wonder if she can use anything smaller. For example, we know that Nanoha can fire off Starlight Breakers (well, she could, at the least), but she can also call up a small magical thingie which she uses to train her control by knocking a can around, without vapourizing said can. I'm not sure if Hayate can do the same, or if she's stuck with Big Booms only.
Actually, one reason it may not tax Hayate might be simply because unlike Nanoha, Hayate doesn't actively place herself face-first in frontline combat.

Unlike Fate and Nanoha, Hayate never really went through the same officer course they did, and never reached her claim to fame as the Ace of Aces, so in the long run, Nanoha exhausted herself much more than Hayate did, in both combat and training. As dangerous as whatever Nanoha and co. can do to their body, it is still mostly regulated and what they use aren't extremely dangerous. It's mostly a long-term effect thing, and for active members like Fate and Nanoha, it's a bad thing.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.