View Single Post
Old 2008-01-28, 22:57   Link #19018
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
It's being moderated... So I'm working to 31 first, since the unrevealed Numbers are too much for me to handle for now...

*eyebrow twitches*

Quote:
But plz don't quote them either...

Quote:
Spoiler for I take back what I said...:

Sounds actually good.

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That's quite the exhaustive list there, that's a lot of things to do for Generations

Though I'm very interested in your *beeeeeeeeeeeep* scenario you're conceptualizing there

*runs*
Wait for it.

Quote:
It sometimes goes overboard, it sometimes doesn't Should be fine now though
IT'S NOT FINE!!!

Quote:

Aurion should have his own Boukenger henshin In fact, he should be the Belkaranger's secret leader

*runs*
As long as he don't end up like this guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I've noticed that for all we try to bust our own haxxes, Hayate is simply unbalanced.

We know that she can easily toss out huge mega-destructive blasts, well dwarfing Nanoha's own, and it doesn't seem to tax her as much as it does Nanoha. Strangely enough, we haven't seen her do anything other than these mega-blasts (or close-equivalent power spells), which makes me wonder if she can use anything smaller. For example, we know that Nanoha can fire off Starlight Breakers (well, she could, at the least), but she can also call up a small magical thingie which she uses to train her control by knocking a can around, without vapourizing said can. I'm not sure if Hayate can do the same, or if she's stuck with Big Booms only.

I also seem to recall that in A's, Rein the first had an incredibly tough barrier which took most of Nanoha's power to break through; I'm assuming that Hayate inherited that ability, so I'm assuming that she can sit there and soak attacks for as long as she likes.

So, where does that leave us? If Hayate is up against a melee combatant, she's likely to not care much about the attacks coming her way, but her response might be delayed while she goes through the whole Darkness-beyond-twilight routine. Once she finishes, though, I'm thinking that she can just fire it off at zero range and trust in her own defenses to protect her from the AoE.

I'm not sure if Hayate can perform as well when there are fragile objectives in the area. In episode 2 of StrikerS, she had to wait until the block was evacuated before she did her ice spell. I'm assuming that unless she's managed to learn a stupendous amount of control, she's likely to be useless in close-quarters hostage situations.

In other words, if she wants to engage in mid to close range combat, it had better be in an open area without anything to get in her way. Otherwise, she may have to rely on whatever a regular person could learn in that year of training about self-defence, plus her own inherently impenetrable barrier.

Or I could be completely mistaken about everything.
Thanks. Going by those lines, I still don't think she's capable of erecting defenses or casting spells near the level of the original Reinforce... So here's my basic rundown of my GenerationS Hayate...

a) Melee: Novice -> Rudimentary
b) Mid-range: Still pending
c) Range: Powerful, but slow.
d) Defense: High(?)
e) Maneuverability: Around Average
f) Spellcasting in general: Slow
g Spells Available: Numerous
h) Mana: Need I say more?
i) Control: A bit higher or static?

I'll admit, it's very difficult...

I'm taking what canon gives us as a base and work on it to properly improve what Hayate can do currently. Right Now, after some thought, I'm no longer buying the 'weaker than Caro'-excuse after what we are shown in ep. 25... But that's with Unison in. I'll keep her role as a rear-attacker, but I'll give her some leeways of handling closer-ranges without appearing off-balance. The one thing I hate second to the shafting is how they made her completely neglect her own training in StrikerS, so I'll fix it my own way. Nobody can deny that she has tremendous potential as she is now, so I'll be using it.

Though advice would be very appreciated...

Quote:
I'm beginning to believe that the TSAB also has its own hawks-and-doves political divide, even outside of Regius's schemes. If you're trying to make your characters more powerful in a combat sense, I'm thinking that you're going to have to acknowledge in the story that there'll be a lot of political backlash.
True. And yes, Aurion is getting several raised eyebrows from the higher-ups for being a qualified high-ability non-registered mage in the research department...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
No more Almaria until the "Memory of the Planet" Arc... which will be a very hard challenge- given the rules of Reappearance in that space...

- History Shared
- Any Relations, blood or otherwise
- Any Links, esp. Mental / Psychic
- Requires a Celestial or a source of "Divine Energy" Nearby.
- Many more still in definition
Good luck.

Quote:
Well she is the next Cardinal, after Carim taking up the long lost Velkan Papacy... well i have a lot of things planned *cough*velkan*cough*valkyries*cough*with*cough*Ker oko*cough*which is*cough*currently in*cough*the shelf*cough*due*cough*to*cough*resource*cough*conc erns*cough*

Quote:
This is a GREAT IDEA! XD

In the next episode of Rebuilt of StrikerS...

"BakaRed, ORE SANJOU!"

*runs from Aaron and anti-OC-assassination activists while keeping an eye out for Mai*
Why you-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
"...

Deactivating External Camouflage layer.

Commencing Intervention."

*Mai >>>>> Kha*

Creator-san: Since when did she become a fan of 00?
Mai: ...

Gundam ni...

Creator-san:

I-I guess she done the job already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Hayate's case is mostly like a random civilian level.0 NPC leveled up to a D&D level 20 wizard, and 7arc just did not know what to do with her, story-wise.
That about sums it up. BTW, welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Nice list, but Persona 3 will not let you get any of that done.
True.

Quote:
BTW, Yukari, Mitsuru, or Fuuka?

(I would guess you prefer Fuuka...)
Contrary to your belief, she ranks third of the three. I like Yuka-tan the best of the three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Assuming this is true, one way to do it would be to nerf, or rather, reset Hayate after Rein I returned to the Force. In RO terms, it would be like making your neat 2nd classer with that shiny aura rebirth as a High Novice, seemingly starting all over again. For example, one can reduce her initial power levels to at most AA right after the YnS incident, making her weaker than Nanoha, Fate, Chrono and maybe even Yuuno.

Sacrilegious as this might seems, it would give Hayate more development space imho. I can add other "normal" people (Strikers, to quote Fate, rather than Aces) in without worrying whether Hayate is too haxx for the battlefield. And it is certainly much preferably than making her a glass-cannon, or try to nerf her in an unnatural way to make space for the others, only to end up with her horribly shafted for one of the supposedly illustrious Aces (which was what happened in StrikerS).

Nerf early or shaft late? I'll take the former, thank you .
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Man, rewriting, researching and checking out stuff was a bitch. I've tried to strike a balance, toning down the MJOLNIR Mk VI armor while still keeping it badass and canon to the books (yes, yes, yes, I understand I'm playing in the Nanoverse, this is an attempt to translate Master Chief into the Nanoverse and make it fit, not like a certain god and certain copypasta XD)
Don't regret it though. This is copypasta DONE RIGHT!!!
Good job!

Quote:
I'm working with Hayate being too dangerous to anyone around her when she's completely unlimited, having so much power with so little control, and not to mention liking to go all out. Remember how she seemed to dance when her bell got removed a little?
I guess it'll work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
To be fair, it's not like Hayate's Big Booms can do anything other than, well, big booms. The TSAB can't send her to hunt down criminals (although they can send her Wolkenritter), and they can't send her for most other peacekeeping activities either, save in very specific situations involving lots of firepower and overkill. Hayate really does seem suited more for an admin role.
Techincally, she'd been assigned to several successful special investigations cases already. She should have a passable stock of some other spells than big booms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
THAT'S what you've been doing this whole time...?

<forehead slap>
What?

Quote:
[Kyou] ERASE IT FROM YOUR MIND!![/Kyou]

Iyada!

*runs like hell YET again*

Quote:
Oh...guess not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Wow...that's a LOT of stuff to finish . I wish you the best of luck .
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It depends mostly on the execution, really. Some likes to have an overboard of references, some which may click, some which may miss. Often the most important aspect is to keep the 'references' to something that is core to that character or situation, just borrowed for similarity since imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Akin to something like this. A character needs to chant to use a powerful spell to begin with, so rather than thinking up something, one just reference something else. If one doesn't get it, it doesn't matter since it still works in the context, but if one gets, it's win-win situation.

Speaking of references, I've FINALLY found a good base of Aurion's Takehito Koyasu voice. He should sound like this guy.

*RUNS*

Quote:
Hoho, a lot of stuff you're doing... *hides my laziness*

As for Hayate vs Vita... hmm... One image that comes into mind is kinda like... Negi vs Takahata. Only remove Negi's kempo thing with mid-ranged out-fighting spells and delayed spells... as delayed spells, though not necesarrily close range attack.
I see. Thanks. Bludiger Dolch and Black Impact may see a lot of action soon. Though the nicest addition here would be the spells absorbed from others. So maybe I'll throw in some variety...

Quote:
Actually, one reason it may not tax Hayate might be simply because unlike Nanoha, Hayate doesn't actively place herself face-first in frontline combat.

Unlike Fate and Nanoha, Hayate never really went through the same officer course they did, and never reached her claim to fame as the Ace of Aces, so in the long run, Nanoha exhausted herself much more than Hayate did, in both combat and training. As dangerous as whatever Nanoha and co. can do to their body, it is still mostly regulated and what they use aren't extremely dangerous. It's mostly a long-term effect thing, and for active members like Fate and Nanoha, it's a bad thing.
Oh... I never considered that much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Ooooohhhh.... I look forward to this, yes. Indeed, I don't think there's anything on this list I *don't* like.
Thanks.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind in the least. I'll just say that they couldn't work out all the bugs so they called up Aurion for some advice, and he sent them his version of the passive cartridge system, which Shari and Emili capitalized on, making the Charge System.
Thanks! It's one of the stuff I'm working on in nerfing him.

Quote:
lol none. Comparing it to Go Go Sentai Boukenger, he'd be BoukenSilver
Or compared to Power Rangers, the White Ranger
Fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
The Bright Slap: Turning whiny, arrogant wimps into manly men since UC 0079
So does that mean Kathy Monakin = Bright of Gundam 00?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Sweeet. Thumbs up! Hearty approval!

Quote:
As for Hayate... it's a spoiler for JT3, but Franz actually "kills" her by pulling out a Magnum pistol and shooting her three times in the chest. Fortunately, the pistol was loaded with Tranquilizer Training Rounds, which just knock you out and stain your clothes red.

...he nearly became a stain on Laevatine for that.

Reason?
<fidgets with teh HAND OF DOOM behind him>

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2