Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-05-01, 22:41   Link #2429
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...l_gam_mostview

A badass Asian kid (I think he's Korean) got in an argument with this racist b**tard and after getting punched in the face by the belligerent, unleashed his super-awesome kickass kung-fu skills and pwned the dude by breaking his nose.

Thoughts? I personally didn't know this sort of thing would really happen.
Every day I hope these things don't happen, that public school administrators and teachers are more understanding, and that they will actually be intelligent when it comes to punishment. And then I see how wrong I am.

It's a shame, really. That kid and his dad win the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
A very interesting story..

I am slightly curious. Why did the Korean boy's father taught him to fight back using only his left-hand? Leftist counterstrike?

Self-defense is justified but the appropriate action for that matter would be to tell a nearby teacher and explain it rather than fighting back because it will only develop into a more serious matter.
"Leftist counterstrike?" I have not heard any of the words you're using before. IIRC, most Asians are perceived to be right-handed, and if not at least it runs in this Korean family. He's simply taught to fight back with the weaker hand (so usually the left one), just enough to get him out of trouble.

I've always wished for some self-defense skills. Telling a teacher only marks you as passive and invites more bullying. In fact, the bully will simply learn to do it away from the teacher - the administrators don't have that many rights when it comes to intervening with these things. It's not like they can take it up to the bully's parents either, because every parent thinks their kid is absolutely right, which makes arbitration a total headache. A simple, restrained physical knockdown makes a point that the guy won't forget. All you need to do is plan a little more intelligently and have supportive witnesses around.

As for your accusation of the Chinese attempting to take over Canada through the Liberal parties... I need some sources from you. That's a little too incendiary to accept at your word.