View Single Post
Old 2012-10-11, 12:18   Link #162
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewthelord View Post
and that's why so few of them were aiming to clearing the game. You must fight, and you must convince the others to fight, knowing that beating the game it's possible.

Thinking about war it's depressing, but if you are actually in a war, you have to focus on the enemy and fight the shit out of him.

That's what I think.
There were a myriad of factors, some are people who are just scared, when their life is on the line. A lot of the people here can talk the talk about what they do in a death RPG, but once you get there, it gets a lot more nervous.

Let me put it this way.

When I started WOW the first time, I was damn nervous from my experience at Everquest. Because in EQ there are hefty pentalities for death (including dangerous corpse run without gear, possible gear loss if you can't find the body, no auto map pointing to your corpse). I nearly freaked out when a level +2 of mine jumped me, because in EQ that could mean Epic corpse run.

It was until I hit level 10, died a few times then I calm down and started playing in a trend.

NOW, imagine that in a game with no respawn. Heck, if you are really curious, go play any MMO today (say WoW), in a PVP server that is fairly populated, and promise youself to delete your character if you die...even once.

Now you know what Kirto feel like And you still have the option to op out by either breaking that promise, or quit the game. In SAO, you can't quit

Also, think about the great dungon raid in WoW, Ragnos, one of the early raids. Hundreds, no thousands if not hundreds of thousands of players attempted the raid and get wiped and died. Would anyone would dare to attempt the raid if they were told they will die? Without any guidance, without anything?
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote