View Single Post
Old 2012-10-11, 14:42   Link #165
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewthelord View Post
this is different. In WOW (i played only LOTRO for some months in 2011, i wish i had some more time to spend) you can risk your life even in high level raids or tasks because you know you can respawn.

If you have only one life you must be more and more cautious, but this doesn't mean you have to hide and do nothing. You can give yourself the rule yellow zone = run away, and do everything for safety.

Like, level up a lot before doing tasks. Speaking of which, if you can beat a boss in a normal game at level 22, expect to be level 30 before doing it, and be always in groups.

It will take longer, but you'll have a lot of "top players" to fight boss and clearing the game.

By the way, i've never fought in a deadly MMORPG, so, I can't tell what i would do. If i do not turn crazy in the first place, i'd probably do the journalist thing, and think of myself like Soldier Joker in Full Metal Jacket.
....So how is this different from what I said?

Also, in a deadly MMO, it would be interesting to see how many people would attempt the boss, or dare to. Some simple end game raid boss would be down right deadly.

There wouldn't be many top players, because the death rate would be very high. Think of major WoW world first bosses. How did the raid team clear it? WIPE, WIPE, WIPE, watch battle blogs, playtest in BETA and get strategy.

How would you learn the fights if the 40 people who went in a head are all dead? SAO made the earlier level possible by letting people TP out, but then survivors would all be terrified, not feeling heroic.

What would be even deadlier are bugs. In SAO that Keiabh (or whatever the guy's name was) was a god like developer. If it happen with Blizzard's crew, god help us. Imagine Kirato dying at floor 10 because the boss had a glitch that regen to full health....forever, that wouldn't be rather LOL...since no one can even live report it
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote