View Single Post
Old 2009-06-21, 01:51   Link #2254
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
Your referring to the production values, Not the quality of the story. The quality is no better than Bayenotte, DMC, NG, etc. It just chooses to take itself more serious and they pump allot more money into that side of the investment.

While the gameplay portion is pretty shallow, the combat is on par with an older Dynasty Warriors game with absolutely no difficulty or depth even on the highest levels. Yet...For what it lacks in combat, it has probably the best levels to date for an action game. It has that perfect blend of puzzles, with platforming and no backtracking.

Finally on Sony/Activision, All they do is want a price drop. PS3 has been the only system in NA experiencing a decaying growth. I don't they'll cut support, PS3 COD will still sell gangbusters. But I could see them getting the shaft on smaller titles, DLC, and quality of the support in general
Actually I just wanted to get Han-Ga's name ...

God of War's story takes itself seriously and actually provides a REASON for me to keep playing. Like at the end of God of War 2 I actually want to know what would happen. The way they wrapped up God of War 1 was pretty well done as well. It is by no means as complex and well thought out as Metal Gear Solid, or as simple and beautiful as Portal/Colossus. But it gets the job done, and done well.

Devil May Cry on the other hand, the script is SOOOO bad it's actually good, like Devil May Cry 3 and 4 for example. I guess that gives some kind of entertainment value, but it really puts me off if I'm in a mood for an EPIC action game. Like I'm going to SAVE THE WORLD kind of game instead of I'm just going to be cool. People play games not only for the gameplay but also for the immersion.

You can't really say God of War's story's quality is no different from Ninja Gaiden. Ninja Gaiden's story was actually SO bad, the whole game's object and plot was SO POORLY presented that sometimes I"m lost as to what I should do. It is fucking horrible. But it doesnt defeat the fact that its really fun to play as Ryu, that was probably the only reason I kept on playing. That game truly carries itself with gameplay, if only it had a better story...seriously...

Bayonetta, I won't say anything because I haven't played it yet. From what I can see so far they're trying to make something like Devil May Cry, but ridiculous in a stylish way instead of a my-script-is-so-bad-its-good way.

I think Bayonetta looks GORGEOUS, the only reason i'm a bit turned off by it is, I don't like milfs . Eye glasses wearing milfs especially.

Last edited by jonli; 2009-06-21 at 02:01.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote