View Single Post
Old 2012-06-17, 22:05   Link #183
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
That too. Talk about a major anti-climax. The least they could have done was make the sequence of events in the fight not feel so horribly disjointed and abrupt. I could barely believe what I was seeing (and not in a good way) after the black mud interrupted Kiritsugu and Kirei's fight. Suddenly, a major Master/Servant team is written out the story as if they were just another pair of fodder Assassins. It left such a bad taste in my mouth that I initially struggled to enjoy the rest of the episode, even if it was generally very well handled from that point on.
Yeah this is why I just opted out of rating this episode. My enjoyment was hampered from that point onward even though the rest of what followed was done well, and it just leaves me with regret since I could've enjoyed it much better presumably in the blue ray version.

I pretty much agree that they should have left the last few minutes with Gil and Saber and Kiritsugu out for next episode and that might've alleviated some of the problems that we had here...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote