Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2008-11-25, 22:26   Link #1012
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I think you missed the point of what Harmonious was trying to say, but maybe I am wrong, so I prefer to let him reply. I think he didn't make a comparison with those women, nor I did.
I used an 'extreme flipside' of the coin just to toss in another perspective on the negative aspects of a society that is totally oppisite to the one I grew up in, since Harmonious pointed out the negative aspects of social and sexual liberation of women in western societies rather strongly.
Quote:
Divorce rates are what they are do to how current Western society views relationships. Premarital sex, promiscuity, dating, etc, are all part of this. Feminists call it women's sexual liberation, men consider it normal, but it all is the same disease.
Let's just say it struck a chord, i could link to him a few websites that dispel that statement instantly and within my post i've already poised questions to him about unloved marriages and affairs and abusive homes that kids grow up in. While he's not wrong, there are two (or more) sides to each situation, so it's just me bringing that up to the surface, not that either one of you mentioned it before.

I'm not sure i'll go with dating being related to divorces and men have had the luxury of promiscuity or mistresses for centuries, the only difference now is women aren't stoned for it should they stray, (in the West) but it's still a horrible act to bestill on someone else no matter who does it.

The reason we got into this side of the debate was cause i personally don't see relationships without kids or marriages a sign that couples are any less devoted to each other than a couple who are married and do have kids.
There are many special relationships that exist on both sides and there are many terrible and tragic ones too.

The rest, yeah we already went over it some weeks ago, so I know your view already

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote