View Single Post
Old 2008-12-29, 18:39   Link #223
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
And now it really comes down to personal values.
You think that ruining a few people's lives can be forgiven much easier than taking away the ones of many. I believe that there isn't much of a difference, because crowds are made up of individuals and it's the individual I care about - not the numbers.
Someone like Schneizel would be inclined to take this a step further and say that all kinds of sacrifices are justified if it is for the greater good - what's the life of a few thousands compared of the fate of the whole world, after all?

I never said it like that.
But as I see it, punishing Nina now that she had already changed simply wouldn't serve any purpose.
It won't change the past, it won't make her realize her mistakes - because she already has -, and it is not necessary to forcibly prevent her from repeating them.
It won't even make anyone happy, because Lelouch's death already did that.

If Nina needs to be punished, then the same applys to Nunally. Nina may have told people to use Fleya, but Nunally was one of those who actually pulled the trigger.
Lelouch, however, chose to "break the ongoing circle of hatred" instead, and I don't have any problem with that.

So you think that Hitler is on the same level as a guy who kills his wife?

I could do without the punishment, what I can't do away with is the idea that Nina is a "GOOD PERSON" and the crap that Nina isn't really at fault for her actions. Theirs a huge difference between forgiving someone and enduring the hatred of a person.

As for Nunnaly, I was pissed that the Britannian royal family which is staffed by nutcases assholes, and inhuman monsters is still ruling Britannia.

Its like Nina and Nunnaly were rewarded for their actions.

Last edited by Charred Knight; 2008-12-29 at 18:57.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote