View Single Post
Old 2009-04-29, 06:09   Link #14
kalbron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlostur View Post
Well, the position being forced on him isn't really an excuse, he can always step down and let Alicia or someone else be in charge. I never said he is stupid, he is a good strategist but a leader should be more than that. A leader should inspire his subordinates and fill them with confidence in his abilities with a very confident attitude. He does not express such confidence to me.
Honestly inspiration through words or stature is relatively pointless in my view. Any decent speech writer combined with an orator, or a skilled athlethe can inspire people.

However leaders that, in battle, can win the trust of their soldiers AND keep them alive AND snatch victory from nowhere; now they are truly special and inspirational. Especially when they don't look the part. It's like finding out that Mr Average Joe managed to circumnavigate the globe in a bath tub, so why can't you?

Which is the kind of person Welkin is... in the game at least. He's showing signs of it so far in the anime, even if he's a bit more eccentric there than the game.