View Single Post
Old 2012-06-18, 10:19   Link #36
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
"Cour" is not in my vocab.; and I don't recognize (accept) the usage of the word.

I just stick to the term: "season"
I like the word 'season' better too, it's more aesthetically pleasing, but 'cour' is handy in that it only has one definition. 'Season' can leave room for ambiguity sometimes - if you claim that something is two seasons long, does that mean it's 24-26 episodes, or that there's an original series eventually followed by a sequel? - wheras cour has only one meaning. But yeah.

I don't mind the use of split cour too much, though I can see it starting to grate on my nerves eventually if it becomes more common a trend than it is right now. There's some stories that benefit from the suspense and anticipation that comes along with a long break; the long hiatus in Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon works for me because it ended on a nice cliffhanger, with Part II representing some fundamental changes from Part I, namely the fact that the deuteragonist enters the story at the end of the original. Some other series are just baffling, though - what's the point of building up the suspense with Kimi to Boku? (Unless that was done for monetary reasons or time constraints or whatever.)
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote