View Single Post
Old 2012-08-20, 20:28   Link #1236
garf02

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
Probably because AW is the offspring of SAO. SAO i guess is more enjoyable? People actually die. Kirito is always having a mental-breakdown and Haryuki.. is fat? I know a lot of people dislike AW cause the MC is fat. Than again currently I know people who hate the animated SAO cause there aren't that many fights compared to AW. SAO has a deeper more "adult-like" story. AW is essentially a toned down story of SAO. AW was made after the author understood how to build a proper structure for a story I'm speculating. SAO is still in the works. The first novel brought you in the middle of the action with many unanswered questions. SAO is essentially a story that revolves around Kirito. While Accel World is more or less Haruyuki trying to understand himself and the purpose of Accel World. Contentwise SAO i'd presume is marketed towards a older range of readers than Accel World.

As to why I'd say SAO came out first. SAO has chapter 16.5. And SAO has almost been fully translated.
I personal find AW more interesting than SAO.
From what I have read ans heard, AW story is better than SAO, (center too way too much on kirito, who is already a gary tsu, doesnt grow as a character, he is bronken since the start) but still people prefere him over Haruyuki cuase, Haru is fat, so all goes down to character Design.

about 16.5, that cause SAO started as a fan fic on the web, so the author, more or less, could do whatever he wanted with it, when the series started to be published, they removed that chapter (even bakatsuki took it down)

about death, death is good, but only if character were memorable enough, sao just kept killing random fonder that didnt were for more than 1 chapter or arc, wanna kill people, kill Asuna and im good to go.

and it just get worst when they go to GGO with kirito being more even broken, the character jsut dont grow.
garf02 is offline   Reply With Quote