View Single Post
Old 2011-03-24, 18:17   Link #1279
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
What? I LIKE dirty tactics."Honorable" samurai duels is going to make scratch heads when the organization have the pretense to be slightly military. That overuse of "honorable" one on one duels is kind of shit that is only going to bring up more wallbangers.
*Implying that the main purpose of Samurai's were for one-one duel, even in large battles*

Despite what fiction may tell us, Samurai's (and European knights, and Arab Faris, and Turkish Sipahi's, etc etc etc) did use tactics (aside from some exceptions, which I must point out usually ended with the idiots being massacred), how else would they exploit their full advantage in battle?

That duel thing was mostly ceremonial, to boost prestige and morale for the victor's side of the duel before battle, and it usually happened only when both sides has some times for chit-chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Aaaaand you just pointed out why the wolkenritter shuldn't be part of a military organization to begin with. Damn you StrikerS xDU.
I wonder why the didn't join the Saint Church instead, but yes, their mindset does seem out of place.

But TBH? Chivalry was a thing before armies have the firepower to do massive, widespread damage. The heroes in Nanoha could annihilate at least platoons!

Having a bit of 'realism' injection is fine, but only if the characters reacts with a similarly 'real' reaction. Against these Hucks 'befriending' isn't exactly a pragmatic choice, but having the heroes shoot to kill would break character, wouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluegel View Post
I agree with this 100% in that they shouldn't be. Though in my case it's because I really, really, REALLY hate the brown uniforms from StrikerS. More than any person should >.>
The blue uniforms are nice though. And The black Enforcer ones are sexy