View Single Post
Old 2007-08-12, 03:13   Link #7
Esente
OEC's TypeSetter+Encoder

Drawing signs in Aegisub?

Hello, I am kind of new in the typesetting area. Our group is working on Pale Cocoon (great OVA by the way) right now, and I , as the group's typesetter, is trying to drawing the important boxes on to the screen. Please take a look to get a better idea of what I am trying to explain here:

Original frame

With the drawing on it.

In the anime, this scene includes a lot of frames moving from there to the upper-left corner, and there more boxes will appear. I try to draw a box cover the original box and then add subtitle there. My questions are:

As a fansub group, should we do that, or just simply add the subtitle at the bottom of the screen?

And if we could do that, what is the best way to do so? As you can see on the pics above, the way I do is working frame by frame. In each frame, I draw the box with the corresponding positions of the corners. It takes me a lot of time just to do a simple animation of 5 seconds (~100 frames). I also tried the FexTracker and the FexMovement, but it seemed that I couldn't do that correctly, or it did not give me the result I want.

Would you please give me some advice? I guess my explanation may not be clear, so feel free to question me. I will try to explain more detail.

Last edited by Esente; 2007-08-12 at 05:14.
Esente is offline   Reply With Quote