View Single Post
Old 2008-04-14, 01:13   Link #177
Voduar

Perhaps bringing the absolute proof of my oddity, I actually find the new Suzaku less annoying. Now he's just a sociopath with incredible piloting skills, going towards some goal that seems to be both nonspecific and possibly unattainable. This, I can understand. While he's still rather despicable, somehow he seems far less brain dead. Mind you, that is reading quite a bit from what amounts to a rather small bit of screen time, so he may return to his foolish ways, but he hopefully won't.

Btw, I really feel the Vader comparison at this particular moment, though that could be the entire lapdoggishness of this particular episode. It is worth noting that Vader intended to eventually betray the Emperor all along, it just so happened that the right moment came when his son was about, and it wound up killing him in the process. So, time shall tell, perhaps Suzaku will actually accomplish a part of his goal.

To note, while it is a weak comparison atm, you could also stretch the current situation a bit to compare Suzaku to Roy Mustang, with this hope of advancing to the top to change things from within. I am certainly not claiming the same situation, or that Suzaku has even thought that far ahead, but if you want the non-evil option, it is not yet disproven. Though he would really need some solid backup for that to work, and this series is not about him enough to let that happen.
Voduar is offline   Reply With Quote