View Single Post
Old 2013-01-13, 07:47   Link #1121
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Watched Anastasia (1956) two days ago. I had forgotten that I have this title until I looked through my DVDs and the name Ingrid Bergman is on one of them (Gaslight). Then I remember that it has been a long time since I watched Anastasia.

I understood that this movie is Bergman's comeback movie after several years abroad. I can use every single adjective there is but it will never be enough to describe her flawless acting. The movie never confirms her identity, but I do think that she is the real Anastasia.To me, had Anastasia lived, she would have been a tragic figure who once had a happy family but lost it all during the revolution, and she became forlorn, desperate and lonely. Bergman certainly captures this tragic aspect of Anastasia. I could sense her fear throughout the movie. The ending had me in tears. The Dowager Empress truly loves Anastasia, and her last line "I will tell them that the play is over, go home!" is a testament to her regal and dignified self, befitting a noble.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2013-01-13 at 08:02.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote