View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 21:08   Link #134
EnOfEridu
a.k.a Enki

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Speaking of which how does the NervGear handles "needs"? Hunger, bladder, things like that? If they're playing normally, I don't see a reason to have them blocked, but I suspect the situation now is that they're completely blocked from the sensation of needs of their own body and only experience simulated ones.

Speaking of needs, do people actually feel sleepy in-game, or need to? (aside from consciously entering sleep-state, which is clearly possible) I think I vaguely remember the anime saying something that they don't need to, but I forgot.
About needs, there is a time in ep1 just before Kayaba makes the reveal, that Klein gets hungry and Kirito answering that if he eats "in game" he will fill as if he ate, but in reality he still will be hungry.
BUT! hunget, thirst and bladder function don't come from the brain, come from the body, if the NervGear hacks into that signals, then they shouldn't get hungry, thirsty, whatever. Unless is just a reminder if it wasn't a revir (real/virtual) to "log the fuck off and eat". A failsafe made by the sane programmers.

On their real bodies, all that needs are taken care with IV's and catheters in very uncomfortable places. If you think about it, in the end game, you can get out. But would you want to get out to a body who is barely able to move, full of sores from the prolonged time in bed in mostly the same position? That sounds awful.

Also, real bodies don't regenerate lost body parts.
EnOfEridu is offline   Reply With Quote