Old 2010-05-03, 03:15   Link #7025
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoropa View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100502/...l_palestinians
Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel's PM welcomes progress toward peace talks
JERUSALEM – Israel's prime minister on Sunday welcomed Arab nations' endorsement of indirect, U.S.-brokered peace talks with the Palestinians, saying he is ready to restart negotiations "at any time and at any place."

Israeli and Palestinian officials said they expect the talks to begin by early next week, and one Israeli official said the dialogue would go beyond formalities and include preliminary discussions on "core issues" in the decades-long conflict.
I think you left out the part in the article where it says, "Netanyahu had announced earlier he is willing to restart negotiations "at any time and at any place" while insisting they begin "without preconditions."" I don't know what that means, and through one view, it does make him sound reasonable, but on the other hand, do preconditions mean the stoppage of their building efforts? Or are the talks supposed to address this issue? Are preconditions a promise for both sides to stop the violence? I don't know. I don't know how talks like these can take place without "preconditions." It's almost like -- you have to accept preconditions as a sign of your seriousness.

But yeah, like you guys, I do hope for it.