View Single Post
Old 2011-07-19, 20:24   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Damn this episode had a rough high and low moment. Finally getting the confirmation that Daru was Suzuha's father was great. It was too bad at that moment that she had to go and wouldn't have a way to go forward. Guess Daru before he died should have improved to a version that could move forward and backwards in time instead of just going in one direction.

But geeze getting the fate of Suzuha immediately after that jump was horrible. I mean she lost her memory and thus spent years not accomplishing her mission. Feeling like she failed and full of regret she killed herself . That was definitely harder than seeing Mayuri get shot. I mean she sacrificed so much to go back, wanting to make a better future and giving up so much in the process. In the end to feel like it was a complete waste is just too horrible.

I agree with Okabe's decision to send this d-mail. A lot was lost with the world line changing. Yet really having Suzuha living her life (even though ironically she died at about the same time) without feeling that level of failure and at least being able to tackle her mission is better. Just about anything would be better than what that letter contained.

The real downside is that this is the end of Suzuha's presence in the story. She's gone, the 1% barrier wasn't broken, and things are still uncertain. Can only hope for the best and that Okabe will get around to filling everyone in since the information that Suzuha gave them was critical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
How many days back can you send a D-Mail?
As far back in time as you can have something receive the message. They managed to hit a pager after all so they can definitely send messages pretty far back if they try.