Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by genryou View Post
Silly Question:

djmax.co.kr

Does this website can be made using Netbeans or any other java software?
What is the best place to search for a tutorials in order create a site on par with this one?
It's a flash website. And Java (J2EE) is used more for the "background service" such as database access, and request processing, rather than the presentation.

You can of course use Java as your server side (back-end). For the animation front-end, I suggest that you use AJAX intead, it is much lighter and doesn't need any plugin, and it's open source. For easy Java RIA (Rich Internet Application) with AJAX, then you might want to look at the ICEFaces or RichFaces web appliaction framework. It has a nice look and feel for Java-based web application. The downside of those framework is, you'll need some level understanding of JSF, and probably not suitable for beginners.

If you're a beginner, I highly recommend that you first learn basic JSP with EJB 3.0. Then you can move forward and choose your framework of choice, or stick with JSP & EJB. However, I really think that you should learn at least one of the MVC (Model-View-Controller) web application framework if you really serious with Java web application development. I'm personally liked the Apache Wicket framework.

For your IDE of choice, you can select several good Java IDE such as NetBeans, Eclipse, IdeaJ, etc... I'm a NetBeans guy though....

Well, in other words, the answer of your question is yes. You can create any kind of website with Java.

However, at some point usually you'll need to choose your path. Are you want to be a web designer (experts in creating great looking website) or a web developer (the guy who made your form works). Of course, you could do both if you have the ability to do so.

Me? I'm a developer, because my web design skill is sucks and my hands already full with the back-end code...

EDIT : Oh, and of course you can also create a flash-like animation applet and embed it in your website. Or maybe a full applet website (which is scary...)

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote