View Single Post
Old 2013-12-04, 17:18   Link #1765
Funyarinpa

So I'm "finally" done with Umineko... Makes me kind of sad.
Even though I didn't figure out shit until near the end (and even then only the most obvious stuff), I haven't had this much fun in a long time - I would even go as far and say that this was the best time ever I had with any media in my whole life.

What can I say about this episode... I loved it! The only thing I'd criticize right now, directly after finishing it, would be that the trick-door ending was pretty underwhelming and felt like a cop-out, especially when compared to the magic one... but I guess that makes sense if that one is supposed to be the "true" ending.

I never really know what to write immediately after finishing something, but I just felt like about Umineko since I don't know any people who are into stuff like this in real life and I'm still in that "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER"-state of mind, so sorry for this pretty much empty post.

Not sure what to do next. I might just read 1-4 again, maybe read some theories beforehand since I've seen Ryukishi state several times that, once you have a certain amount of knowledge, you should be able to get a whole bunch of clues from the earlier episodes.
Maybe I should read the Manga instead to get additional information.
Or maybe I will give the anime another.... nah, I'd rather not.
Then there are always Rose Guns Days and Higanbana (which I will probably never read since it seems way too extreme for my tastes) if I want more Ryukishi, but I kind of want to have more of Umineko, especially since I still don't understand the majority of the story.
For now I will just enjoy the music box and reminisce about the tale, being completely emo like a huge nerd.
Funyarinpa is offline   Reply With Quote