View Single Post
Old 2011-04-01, 12:45   Link #18
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Actually, no. There it was absolutely nothing that pointed out that the surprise was going to be within episode 24, if they are going to stick to that announcement then they might point out something "now" that the series is actually done with.

I liked this episode more than 23, even though they removed that absolutely precious washing machine hugging moment.

Shiage was voiced by Hino Satoshi. I think I had forgotten, but when Touma slammed Shiage with that security glass he blew away his noise piercing.... That oughta hurt.
What? I wasn't talking about any announcement. And there was no surprise or announcement to begin with. The director never said there was going to be a surprise at the end of Index II, that was a mistranslation. He was talking about Accelerator Railguning Kihara being a surprise ending to the fight.

Anyway, the beginning of the ep with Awaki and Ritoku was awesome, and so was Accelerator and Ritoku's fight. Really wish the whole season had been animated this well, and not just a handful of episodes. That aside, I'm glad they finally used the BGM from the PV in this episode, I really wanted it on OST 2. Overall, the entire ep was good, but it just felt out of place. They really should've just ended the season on vl 13 and left SS1 to four OVAs. The first one for Touma and his class' hotpot trip and his convo with Tsuchimikado, the second one for Accelerator's first GROUP mission, the third for the nun shenanigans which they cut out, and the fourth for Touma and Accelerator's Skill-Out fight. I really just can't fathom why they decided to go this route. I hope someone does an interview with the director or someone and ask them straight up what the point of including the SS was, because it just makes no sense to me.