Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Detective Conan
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-20, 08:03   Link #48
Suikun

I... still don't like the way they're going about this... it doesn't sound right the way they're evading answering the question about future releases...

But at the same time, upon further inspection, if Detective Conan... er... Case Closed begins airing on Adult Swim in June for 52 days at 4 days a week, the 52nd episode will air right around the time that second DVD releases... like FUNimation would just pick up where CN left off...

It makes more sense now - I still think FUNimation is shafting the fans in all this - the fans of the original, that is - dub fans who'll watch the changed names and localized version seem to be coming out just fine in all this...

I'm not as burned by this if they aren't actually producing the episodes out of order - it's one thing to release two seperate parts of the show yet spaced out so that they can fill in the gaps and no one will know the difference after the fact, but it's another to pull a Cardcaptors and produce the episodes out of order - as I thought would happen. I guess I'm okay with this... it still seems like the fans are getting needlessly shafted just so the dub fans don't have to wait a few months for the third season DVDs... I guess I'll see how this plays out from here to decide if I buy FUNimation's releases...
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote