Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-20, 13:15   Link #8468
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Keroko, I believe the point Hata is trying to make is, for other reasons (which seems to be regarding his contract with Kadokawa and the neighbor copyrights law) Ken had to end the manga there. He either could have used the last few chapters to make the manga goes to a very rushed end, or do what seems to be the case he did: If he is going to do a sequel later, continue the manga as he would, giving some hints (like that Negi already had special feelings for someone) without giving any big thing away, and just give a quick skip to be the end. That way he ends the current one while keeping ground for the sequel. After all rushing all the plot points and battles we had yet to see in a few chapters would also likely end up as a bad end. But one with no interest / space for he to continue.
And my point is that he could have at least used those few chapters to tie up some of the minor plotpoints that have been around since the beginning, rather than waste them on an arc that had no point whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
When people say six, did they include the stupid shota-rape attempt arc? Because I'm pretty sure that one alone counts more than six...
That's pretty much the arc I'm talking about. The others at least have some concluding threads in them.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote