View Single Post
Old 2012-02-27, 22:39   Link #51
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I liked the episode overall, but the ending literally killed it for me. The death felt comical to me, rather than horrifying.

Oh my, I didn't realise that Kou Otani was the music director for this series. No wonder I'm enjoying the tracks so much! It's not just the music, but also the sound direction. This is definitely one of those shows you've got to listen with headphones. The ambient sounds add greatly to the subliminal experience.

Yup, it's fun to see Izumi going tsun on Teshigawara and dere on Kouichi. But something tells me that it's actually Teshigawara that she likes. She's just hiding it. Tsundere types usually work that way, don't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm kind confused about something: that was not the class trip that was mentioned last week, right? I would understand why most of the students would decide not to participate, but it wouldn't make sense for Mikami-sensei not to be there. I guess the real trip will probably be canceled due to the new death. It'd be weird if they went on yet another trip in the next few episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
So, this is the beach nearest to a resort hotel, and unless Reiko is helping the kids skip class, it's a weekend or holiday ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Before the car trip began, someone mentioned that it's summer vacation -- the same summer vacation that Kouichi and Mei talked about last episode. It's probably a weekday. A beach in front of a hotel, especially if that beach is privately owned by the hotel, wouldn't necessarily have a life guard on duty. There are lots of beaches in my area that don't have life guards or are particularly busy.
This wasn't the school trip. I believe this was the trip to the out-of-town resort where the former student, Reiko's ex-classmate, works. The students decided in the previous episode to look for him to find clues about the phenomenon. And since they were so near the beach, Reiko decided they might as well enjoy themselves as well.

Incidentally, I find it amusing that Reiko's a speed demon under that sweet exterior. I loved how tense everyone was when the oil tanker was overtaking them at the beginning. Who else thinks it's a reference to Steven Spielberg's Duel?