View Single Post
Old 2012-02-27, 22:43   Link #52
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I really think the point of this was not "let's do the obligatory beach episode". For me at least there was a large element of satire to it, toying with the cliché by making e beach episode that was fraught with impending dread and the audience was jumping at shadows and seeing danger everywhere.
Agreed, despite what I said in my last post I did actually enjoy this episode, the first beach episode I've enjoyed in a long time. I think the beach makes for fairly boring visuals (at least in anime, they're more appealing in real life) and their content tends to be just white noise comedy, but this episode kept its Anotherness and was a good watch (And I enjoyed the lighthearted moments, like Misaki's reactions to the seaweed and fish).

And I actually do like festival episodes, while we're on the subject, mainly because I really like the warm lighting and sense of ambience; same reason I've always loved the fair.

Quote:
Incidentally, I find it amusing that Reiko's a speed demon under that sweet exterior.
Yep, reminds me of how my grandpa was a very kind, goodnatured, and levelheaded person, but was a speed demon on the roads; he got a ticket once back in the '60s for speeding up really fast and passing about 10 or so cars in a row.