View Single Post
Old 2013-06-09, 16:21   Link #39
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As expected, most of the episode dealt with Ledo angsting over his extermination of what he now knows are former humans. I don't think it was overdone. He found out absolutely everything he believed in was a lie, and that he just killed helpless "human" babies. That's bound to shake anybody up. It's more than enough for him to question the meaning of his existence. It will take a bit more time before he decides what he should do from now.

I was a bit surprised Chamber eventually came to the conclusion the information they discovered last week were real. His reasoning was interesting. He is both right and wrong. Achieving peace with the Hideauze is probably impossible, but the situation is different on Earth. They haven't reached the extreme state of existence he spoke of. They're content living peacefully in their territory. They're no different from most animals now, assuming they did lose their intellect. There is no reason to exterminate them all. Co-existence is possible. It's not necessary for Ledo to fight them.

Kugel being alive and well on Earth was a nice twist. I'm guessing he will represent what Ledo might have become had Amy (and to some extent Bebel) not been there for him. There will be a sharp contrast between the current Ledo and him. It may be a cliché development but I think it's pretty obvious they eventually will fight each other at the end of the series. Right now I can't imagine how Ledo could convince Chamber to fight Kugel though, unless Kugel has somehow strayed from the path of a soldier (that cult is very ominous...).