View Single Post
Old 2014-06-27, 14:43   Link #115
chris211321
Anthony

What good people. My name is Anthony and I'm new here (just joined a minute ago). Just thought I'd jump right into this thread as I am an avid SAO fan.

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that Kirito and Asuna stay together, and that someone else besides me thought they did a terrible job ending this series.

However, I also think that their relationship would be nothing without conflict and competition. Although I disliked how quckly they rapped up all the different plot arcs, I thought the brother-sister love twist was pretty interesting and emotionally charged. It also helped to bring out Kirito's devotion to Asuna, which we don't really see after episode 16 until the near end.

I had this incomplete feeling inside after the season finale, mainly because of how rushed it was. Interesting enough, I didn't get any closure after the extra edition came out. I still feel a sort of emptiness. However, this is probably because one of my all time favorite series was coming to an end, and I still have to wait for season 2 :/

I wanted to take a second to talk about something no one else seems to care about on this forum: how frequently Kirito taps girls on the head. Every female character in the show, from Asuna to his sister, gets a stead stream of these "love taps" throughout the season.

I generally regard myself as a sane, functioning, anime-loving alcoholic. However, last weekend, I decided to let my inner Kirito run wild, and began tapping girls on the head when they bugged/bothered/joked with/charmed me. The feedback I receieved was anything but what you'd expect.

Long story short, I met and have been seeing a girl for about a week now, never mentioning to her why I pat her on the head or what it means to me when I do. It's strange, but I think they nailed this part of human nature on the head. We have a weird kind of connection through this simple action, even though our relationship has been built upon a wide variety of other factors, opinions, traits, and interests.

That being said, I also noticed that certain people FREAK OUT when you touch their hair in any small way. So be careful out there fellow SAO-lovers.

10/10, best anime ever, shout-out to those who cried at least twice during the series (I'm right there with you). Peace.

Last edited by Flower; 2014-07-03 at 22:45.
chris211321 is offline   Reply With Quote