View Single Post
Old 2009-03-24, 05:41   Link #95
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I do not see the problem, Vexx's title in the example is perfectly clear. What exactly would be the proper label in that case then? You all do not seem to realise that being spoiled is also in a large part your fault, even when the title is not clear the post content before it usually is.

"Oh I am in a series thread! Look a spoiler, and some wierd talk before it... it must be a wallpaper!", who's fault is it here, obviously not yours since "some people use it for images", you just taught it was a image since "it was not properly labeled", like the context and fact it has "Spoiler" writen on it is not enough, even though that was the natural order of things.

Why not re-think the spoiler tag, since it needing constant fixing (as well as aparently not being a spoiler unless labeled) is obviously not a acceptable solution. I saw it done on other boards where they do no collapse the content, like that you can always take a guess at what they are about to say and nobody will bother to use it as a toggle-hide tag anymore. This would take a minor tweak to the current system, and would save us from a lot of drama; you can also remove the non-label version from the system if you do not want un-labeled spoilers.

From how Flame phrased it: "If everyone would label their spoilers carefully so that people could understand the severity of the spoiler before they clicked the button, that would help", I have to wonder if there is any interest in fixing it, since it sounds to me like a "Spoiler" tag has become a toy you have to click; which we somehow need to threaten you with the label not to click; am I the only one who sees a problem here.

I agree with the argument on how a spoiler discussion might eventually lead to someone posting with out spoiler tags (I believe Daniel mentioned it in his deleted post); but this latest "its not my fault, I just clicked it" is complete nonsense.