View Single Post
Old 2011-04-16, 20:53   Link #424
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Chidori is another potential issue, while I really like this character, I am sure an agressive tsundere like her will attract a lot more hate than less independent and more submissive eyecandy like Lacus Clyne, CC or Sheryl Nome from rival mecha shows.
Sheryl is submissive like Lacus and CC? Lol? And Chidori's only really aggressive to Sousuke when he does something stupid and if you've watched TSR you might've noticed the massive character development she had received.

Quote:
Another problem is the mecha itself, the arms slaves are practical real robot designs that serve the plot, where a more iconic or spectacular design could have attracted mecha fans in larger numbers.

Still it is an excellent anime. It must have been bitter for Kyoani to see more formulaic shows like Geass and Frontier rake in the sales.
You say this like KyoAni came up with Full Metal Panic and it isn't just simply an adaption of a popular light novel series.

Quote:
Let's see, since 2006 they've animated the second and third most succesfull late night anime franchises, (each selling over 500,000 BD/DVD in total) and Clannad is probably somewhere in the top 10. Without the help of mecha or much fanservice. Just 'moe' doesn't really do them credit. While not everyone may like this direction or feel that the studio's quality has declined, they did become a lot more succesfull in where it matters. I guess a lot of other studios would happily sign up for this type of decline.
Uh....

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthrea...00#post1922100