View Single Post
Old 2008-06-19, 22:47   Link #55
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by itis View Post
I am preety sure the Houkyoku was hidden inside of Rukia's soul. Considering the Hougyoku was recovered in Soul Society, she would have no use wearing a gigai.

You are forgetting that Rukia is atleast 150 years old. During the time when Urahara was exiled, she was in Soul Society. Urahara could've transplanted the Hougyoku into her soul before he dissapeared.
I agree its hidden in the soul of Rukia but during the process of getting the Gigai possibly when it was inserted.

She might have been alive but it awfully random of him to have stuck in it her though I don't deny the possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
It was Day One as shown in chapter 0a&b and had been on duty for about 17 hours. She started to use said gigai right after she lost her powers as Urahara came to her as she was lieing in the street.
If he hid it in her in SS it would have been when she was a child in nearly the worst part of SS. her life expectincy would not have been very long and she would likely be reborn loseing the Hougyoku. You notice thats the same plan he tryed to use on earth. As for the gigai, Isshin was in one for 20 years and seems to know most, if not all, of Urahara's plans there was no reason to wait for Rukia.
That plan seems very idiotic. He put something that could possibly lead to the destruction of the SS and the human world into random spirit A. He hopes that by chance random spirit A dies. If random spirit A doesn't die then hopefully it becomes a Shinagami. Then when it just happens to get assigned to his area he hopes that it gets attacked and loses it all of its spiritual energy forcing it to need the use of a Gigai. Wait now that I think about this plan is genius!

Isshin could have easily come before Urahara thought up this plan or at least became desperate enough to use it when his others ideas for destroying the Hougyoku ran out. After Isshin became human it was too late for him to try this on him.