View Single Post
Old 2008-12-19, 16:42   Link #1232
iwana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
So what is romance then? Why don't you start there. Explain what romance is then we can have a discussion. I am having a hard time with your "no romance" when everything you describe is pretty romantic.

No one said that Renji and Rukia don't have a bond, but you are correct that in that Renji/rukia's bond is not focus of Bleach. The bond that is the focus of Bleach is Ichigo's and Rukia's. Hands down. That isn't even up for debate.

Interesting that you say that the "audience's desire to have them together may influence Kubo". I look at in the exact opposite fashion. This isn't some unexplainable event. The audience watched Kubo carefully craft their relationship and they grew to love it as a result. To me they are merely falling into his expectation.
Iīm just saying that this bond may exist with no romance in it. that if Kubo wants to show some romance, he makes act Innoue or Hinamori etc. It really depends of what romance is , of itīs description and definition. I donīt see romance in helping someone, trust him or be confidental with him. what I see is really strong bond that may SURPASS love.
I have noticed that even Kubo has been affected by this movie. now Iīm really curious which direction heīs gonna step. I donīt think heīs decided about the end yet.