View Single Post
Old 2007-06-18, 16:47   Link #2195
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
About the Aces' spell list.... well.... let me post it:

Spoiler for watch... and be amazed.:

Straight and simple copy-pasta from Wiki. And that is only Nanoha's spell list. Kinda puts things into perspective, doesn't it?
Hey hey, now. Do you think I didnt go to Wiki to check their spell lists?

I didnt want to go into listing every single spell Nanoha has, so I just took her offensive spells part as an example. Just look at the spell lists: her defensive abilities are all standard, so there is no point into going through them. Every mage should have them, or slightly different versions of them, or they wont survive. Now for the offensive spells, I'll go through it again:

Divine Buster, Starlight Breaker (Plus and EX), Accel Shooter, Divine Buster Extension. These all fall into the long-range bombardment category. Forget the fancy names, they all do the same thing: long-range bombardment. Barrier Burst is quite a unique one, as it uses a shield spell to activate. And, as I said too, Excelion Buster is an attempt at melee combat. But basically she only does one thing: long-range attacks. That was my point.

Its not how many named spells you have. My point was how versatile can or should a character be? Anyone could create a character that can perfectly perform long-range, mid-range and melee abilities, but such character would be considered unbeatable. (Read as: God-like).

Please read my post again.