Thread: Visiting Japan
View Single Post
Old 2007-11-01, 03:20   Link #356
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by EphemeralDreams
I honestly just want to go sight seeing, I don't really mind not staying in a fancy hotel or anything. Just a place to sleep and get by.

I was hoping for a good guestimate on things like place to stay/eat. I have a small frame and eat about a meal or two a day (Weird metabolism) so yeah. If 2,000 ish can cover airplane fees, a cheap inexpensive place to stay at for two weeks and a couple of bites a day. I should be fine, but I have months to save before the actual trip.
These are my slightly outdated guesstimates:

1. One single room in budget ryokan: from JPY 6,000 to 9,000 per night. (These are the ones with shared baths. I recommend you try -- don't be shy! It's part of the holiday experience.)

2. One budget meal: from JPY 350 to 1,500 (the cheapest places to eat in Tokyo, surprisingly enough, are in the major train stations -- go where the local salarymen eat.)

3. One adult 7-day JR Pass: JPY 28,300 (It's only really worth it if you're planning to ride the Shinkansen from Tokyo to Osaka and back.)

4. One day of mass rapid public transport [in Tokyo]: around JPY 1,500 (I found public transportation to be quite expensive actually. Maybe I did something wrong.)

On average, I was getting by on around JPY 7,000 (~US$61) a day, not including accomodation. This does not include shopping -- I reckon I spent around JPY 16,000 (~US$140) on souvenirs and stuff. Most importantly, I wasn't out partying till the wee hours of the night -- now that would really cost you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EphemeralDreams
Truthfully? I probably will blow a majority of the money I bring on Eroge games (Because buying them imported is like cutting off my own arm.)
I have no idea how much that would cost. I only droped by to Akihabara to check out all the "good" stuff, but I didn't check the prices.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote