Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-03-12, 13:40   Link #12434
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
That's a fine pro-second amendment argument, and I agree that the spill-over of violence is one of the main reasons US civilians need to arm themselves.
It's also a very good reason to reign in the BATFE's operations "Gunrunner" and "Operation Fast and Furious" since "95%" (more like 35%) of all drug cartel guns are of US origin and many (if not most) can be traced back to these kinds of operations.

However, if we were to assume that Mexico's war with the drug cartels is a problem involving the US civilian gun-market (rather than the BATFE supplying the cartels), then its time for the US to militarize the border with Mexico and stop anyone attempting to cross illegally.
That will stem the flow of weapons to the Cartels in part (though not whatever weapons sold to them via BATFE).

The kind of violence these cartels are committing is terrorism by any other name (like chopping off peoples' heads, and kidnapping children to get to their parents).

Since the US is involved in a "war on Terror" it is clearly time to deal with the Mexican terrorists that are flooding over our southern border with impunity.
As pro-immigration reform as I am... I'd be on board for militarizing the southern border in regard to these thugs and bandits. Its a much better use of troops for a real problem next door. Too bad we sent most of our available troops off on manufactured escapades elsewhere.