View Single Post
Old 2011-07-11, 08:19   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
What I did not like about this arc was the fact that it gave the message that following life the way you want to isn't the correct way. It doesn't mean to say that it's entirely wrong, but that it's not the best choice compared to the alternative. What the arc also seems to forget is that Yuina and the gang are 16 to 17 years old. That's still quite early to decide what you want to do with life, so Yuina's stance is quite reasonable and justified.
Err, this isn't the message at all in my opinion. If anything, the message is that you can't decide whether you'd like or hate to do something without trying it first. Yuina's stance seemed very smart and mature to me last week, until she claimed this episode that she doesn't work because "she chooses not to", and that she apparently only wanted a job to gain recognition and fuel her ego a bit more (creator, artist, designer... I'm surprised she didn't say actress or singer). The only reason she dismissed following a carrer at an inn is because it seemed like hard work, the other jobs she brought up probably seem like easy work from an outside perspective. Simply put, the true reason she didn't want to inherit the inn had nothing to do with liking or not liking the work, she was just a bit lazy and spoiled and didn't want to do something she deemed tiring and unrewarding.