View Single Post
Old 2007-09-04, 05:21   Link #35
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The thing is... the novel also fleshed a much more dramatic and painful irony

Spoiler for novels:

I don't know if it can be considered as the worst (as Nanoha strikers is a utter fail in term of sequel too). But like I and Darknemo said, the war is completely unexistent.

so far, we saw the guys leaving on the battlefield (which we never saw to begin with). A small glimpse of Reconquista army. Few henrietta moments about the war (they even watered down her memories of wales, when she was with saito, etc).
Frankly, the amount of actions is ridiculously disproportioned, and we got many tasteless and repetitive "comedy", while this season "plot" should be much more serious and dramatic than season 1. (i don't mind the start, with EP1-2, but there is a limit, and they surely bypassed it for too long... episode 5 is enough to be extremely annoyed)

I don't have any "problem" (well... i "can" withstand this) with "changes" with the characters (as Siesta was supposed to be much more heartwarming, and henrietta, much more dramatic, Saito really GAR, and Louise conflicting herself... but no they demolished them as well.)
But at least... give us the PLOT, for Crying out loud!

EDIT, Mist : i don't know about if they should. But there is no way they can wrap a "war" of this scale in only 3 mere episodes. Heck, if they don't pull the 1/70.000 it will be FLAT.