View Single Post
Old 2009-07-18, 07:18   Link #2181
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Edit: This is starting to go off-topic, but I'm worried discussion of this OC will end up deleted if moved to the extremely-inaccessible character thread. =|
I kinda resent that comment, given that OC's has had a mix of tech and fanfiction discussions for a while now. Heck, it's actually the best place to go off-topic in the forum... and no one's stopping you from posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
Of course, you could get a drone to manage the same trick. But I don't know if that's possible with respect to Nanoha. Jail's drones were singularly underarmed, for the most part; they weren't really a threat to anyone except en masse and against troops who had no offensive or defensive capabilities that didn't rely on magic.
Uhm... Nanoha was smacked by a stealth drone because of her weakness at the time, but Vita couldn't even detect said stealth drone until it stabbed her through the heart. And of course, even cyborgs built with the latest in sensor technology couldn't detect Teana's stealth capabilities, only her illusions. There's also the fact that until Fate's intuition kicked in, she didn't even notice the Lieze twins cloaked beside the building they were standing on, and none of the devices gave an early warning to their presence. Stealth and stealth technology may have appropriate countermeasures in the Nanohaverse, but they're not quite as useless as they would appear to be - in fact, they're shown to be quite effective, if not for the rarity of the mages that can pull it off well.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.