View Single Post
Old 2009-06-28, 22:03   Link #2009
Squirrellord

Send a message via MSN to Squirrellord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post

The mini bomb theory is really ridiculous. Of course we haven't seen the cuts in the stomach, but there's no way you can mistake a cut for an internal explosion. There wouldn't be a clean cut if it was a bomb and you'd see signs of burnings.

But the real point is this theory doesn't explain anything and it is unneeded. Even if you somehow manage to explain how the Killer wasn't in the same room, so what? What do you accomplish with that? This isn't your usual closed room with the key inside it.
I only used the small bomb theory as an example, not that I necessarily believed in it.
Perhaps the entire stomachs were removed? We won't know until we get to see the manga/anime scene.

And the point is that Lambda tried to do away with Trap theories by saying the killer was in the chapel. That doesn't do away with anything, it just says the killer was in the chapel when the others died. It could still have been a trap. And my point about maybe the different room of the chapel is that the victims might not even have realized who set off the trap, since they weren't in the exact same room.

And Closed Rooms don't necessarily have to have a key in them. Often times it's just that it's locked, and can only be locked from the inside. John Dickson Carr's the Hollow Man for example, the murder happens in a room that somebody is observing, and they see the killer go in, but not out. All evidence showed that the only way the killer could have escaped was from the door. That makes it a closed room.
Squirrellord is offline   Reply With Quote