View Single Post
Old 2009-09-14, 00:23   Link #273
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
That is a problem with a lot of anime. Typically once the hero finds the solution, the villain's like "THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE" and dies no matter how big his advantage was. The presence of the power limiting plot devices also annoyed me because then it just seemed like negligence on the part of the good guys rather than the antagonists being effective. So they wouldn't have stood a chance if Nanoha/Fate/Hayate were at full power? I understand there was probaly safety in mind, but having our heroes being defeated by bureaucracy a good plot does not make.

And of course I don't really think well of the TSAB, I mean how can the fleet be late by like 10 minutes when they had so long to prepare? Maybe they really shouldn't have stopped for donuts.
To be fair to Chrono and his friends, until the Cradle rose, they had no idea what they were supposed to be preparing for--and if Jail had the proper information from within the TSAB (either actually passed on to him by his backers or obtained by Due through more traditional espionage means), he probably knew where the fleet was and what its response time would be when the Cradle was launched.

As for the limiters, yeah, that was a fairly ridiculous plot device, and the stated reasons for them being placed on was even more ridiculous. I can just see the U.S. Navy functioning that way: "Yes, the Sixth Fleet has too many missile cruisers, and the other admirals are jealous, so we'll only give them one Hellfire each unless they get special authorization to carry more, which special authorization can only be given once each by three people unless the entire Joint Chiefs signs off on it." I can only hope that the real reason for the limiters was that the Brains and Regius Gaiz deliberately threw roadblocks in the path of the Harlaown-St. Church group to reduce their combat effectiveness since, after all, it was their black op that Riot Force 6 was formed to investigate. Then it's "defeated by conspiracy" instead of "defeated by bureaucracy."