View Single Post
Old 2012-08-06, 07:00   Link #9328
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post

Regarding Erza. I was sadden, someone paint her fight against the 100 monsters in a negative light. She did not any type of power up's, but this certain poster was still ranting at her, for beating them. I was bit shock, because those 100 monsters, has no feats, except the weakest, breaking a pile of rocks... so Erza beating them all was plausible.

Let me know what you guys think ^
Y'know, I had completely overlooked this part of your post...? Must have ignored it on the fundamental reason that it mentioned something that was negative to Erza...

Erza solo'ed an entire unknown dungeon with 99 monsters and one S-class boss. Yes, there were a lot of weak monsters but this was in a dungeon-type settting - it was their lair. She didn't know the particular layout, she didn't know the location of said monsters, she didn't know their particular capabilities, and thanks to her boast, she restricted herself to a one-time go.

If you are familiar with the dungeon style games, where you have to solo an instance/a level full of monsters to get to the other side, then you'd know how hard it is to fight in a brand new location where you don't even have the benefit of a map or having the monsters drop extra HP or MP potions to help you on your way. Only those who are extremely good with their character, have very good gear, or done that level so many times, they know what to expect, can do something even close to repeating that feat. And the kicker is that the boss monster is a random encounter - meaning it can show up at any time.

It wasn't the level of the monsters that was the tough part to overcome, it was the randomness of their order that was the tough part. In each room, she didn't know what group(ing) she were going to get. There was the element of being ambushed and walking into their traps that had to occur too.

So, whoever it was that said Erza's feat was easily doable wasn't thinking of the other elements that went into her challenge and subsequent victory.