Thread: Licensed Azumanga Daioh
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-14, 15:06   Link #42
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
Yeah, they could also fix Yukari being a Spanish teacher in Volume 1 and remove Osaka's brooklyn accent like they did in later volumes. They still use "fuhgetaboutit", but no more brooklyn accent.
Oh, yes, I remember that crisis. The fanboys were bitching and moaning all over the internet not knowing when to shut up or possibly wait until it gets better. They were shouting "They killed the AzuDai manga! The web translations are so much better" and from what I heard it sounded like Yoda wrote it. Later they made Yukari teaching English and got rid of Osaka's Brooklin accent but that doesn't mean it made them shut it. They still complain about "fuhgetaboutit" not being "nandeyanen" (Translation: 1. "Why" 2. "Why in the heck" 3. (Most acceptable) "What the hell") To this day they still whine about the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seravy
They did a great job with v3. It would be nice if they rereleased v1 & 2 with notes and make the notes available on their website (for those who have purchased v1 & 2 already)
They might release the first 2 with the notes (and by might, I really mean we ain't getting squat.) It would be kind of nice if they took the time and did.

As for me now I'm waiting for the anime. Hurry up and come out! You allowed the manga to come in our stores a week earlier than usual! Do it for the anime, too! Oh, well. (Watches episode one from the Newtype DVD again.)