Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-02, 23:18   Link #2495
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
I just realized Karen Iwata status on audition is still "Understudies" but now is listed under Team 4... Is she being promoted after her inclusion in AKB0048 anime??
Yes, She and NMB's Mita Mao (Makoto's VA) were Understudies during the audition. Final announcement was 12/13/2011. Iwata's promotion was 3/24 this year during the 2nd day of a three day concert that ended with Aachan's graduation announcement. Mita on the other hand was promoted over in Osaka on 1/26 this when as the founding member of Team M of NMB48.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Man, talk about self-confidence. Gotta admit I love that aspect of her though.

But when she gets on the stage you can see she was already crying because she thought she hadn't made the cut. lol

That's part of reason I like Mayuyu (just behind Takamina and Aachan). She had always hated to lose. She similarly declared that she would like to be the top in 1st election, but when her rank drop in 2nd election, she broke down and cried. In third election she was calm and finally declare war again. In last year's documentary and follow up interviews after this year's election, she showed her growth and maturity.

She noted that after 2nd election she grew a lot and realized that she was too rash and it wasn't her time yet but now, this year it's time to go all out.

It's almost as if she is waiting for the time she turn 18 so she can compete on the same ground as other top members and so far her workload exploded this year.