Thread: Jin Kobayashi
View Single Post
Old 2010-08-26, 08:19   Link #223
random_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Who cares about the main character if it doesn't sell to the audience.

Yes she got her ending good for her.

Now can we concentrate on Harima? She has 2 lovely girls and he's doing his manga?! Come on SR on Tenma's side of the story is all gag till the end. 4 long years before it ended.

We need a SR with something....A plot and a REAL one. Not a comedy gag all through out.
The problem is that School Rumble is a romantic comedy, KJ created it as that and i believe that he doesn't want to make a Manga exclusively about romance or drama. If i am not mistaken, he wants to make an action/drama manga, wich brings me back to the point when Harima accepted to be Eri's fiancé to protect her from Shawn. Harima's battle with Shawn could be a excellent plot for an action/drama manga, don't you think?

Quote:
Man like some nerds and fanatics of comics Japanese and Western ones they would always say to authors. "It's fine and satisfying for them, but they dunno how it is that affect the people who appreciate and follow the story."
Exactly, many autors doesn't have any idea how their works afects people's lives and they just don't care about what is going to happen whit all those fans when they make any important decistion on their work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
  • Harima's background - his parents aren't seen, but his brother seems to live with them (or at least one of 'em?)
  • Harima's feelings regarding the girls or what section of his brain is broken to not be over Tenma EVER - really I never understood how it can be defined as true love, it looks more like obsession to me; wanting what you can't get
  • Their third year. We never seen anything besides a few snippets in SRZ
  • Akira. Just more Akira!
Excellent points, and these are just a few of them, there are a lot more things that can be taken on a new SR sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
No. An entirely new cast.
DB series only concentrates on on main character Gouko.
More like the Ghostbusters cartoons, where in Ghostbusters Extreme there are new characters. The only returning old character was Egon.Where in which in the ending for nostalgia they brought back the older heroes. Pete, Ray and Winston.
Adding a whole new cast is a little extreme for my taste. There are a lot of cool characters that did not have their shot on the original SR series, maybe KJ can develop them in a better way on a SR sequel. For example, Togou and Harry Mckenzie: cool characters but their part on the plot is really poor. Max and the English exchange students: really cool characters and no development at all.

Maybe he can add new characters to the story but it's not absolutely necessary.