View Single Post
Old 2011-12-27, 17:23   Link #26635
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
I'm paraphrasing ep8, so don't ask me, ask the guy who wrote it.

If you want my personal opinion as to why that contradiction appears to exist, I'm going with "Ryukishi didn't think it out very well and intended for some reds to apply to the 'real world' in ep4 that ultimately would be declared inapplicable or essentially pointless (but not necessarily wrong)."

Hell, I don't even know how that whole Asumu/Kyrie/Battler thing could be independently verified at all. Even if Beatrice believed Battler was Kyrie's son, how exactly did she know it to be true? We have nothing anywhere that gives us any reason to believe it's true short of the narrative leading us along that path. Even if it is true, where did that information come from, how did it get to the people who would use it, and how did they verify it enough to be confident in its status as a red truth?
Hey I agree with you on that, it just doesn't seem to be very consistent.

And the main question here is: "if Beatrice could attempt using red for something related to the real world (which appears to be the case in EP4), and if trying to use it for something that is false would make you choke, even when you believe you are right... then wouldn't that mean she had virtually the power to check the veridicity of all things?!"
Hell... she could have tried to say 'God exists'...

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote