View Single Post
Old 2012-07-24, 23:49   Link #138
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
This is why i am saying there is a chance there is more to what Tobi can and can not do that we might not know yet.
well, this is definitely true no matter what

Quote:
Well there was never stated that if you can use Izanagi without using the seal/jutsu like danzou did. We were never shown him using any jutsu/seal to use the Izanagi. If we go by how Danzou used the spell then we either should assume that the seal he used to use Izanagi was just not shown or there is more to Tobi's powers.
when tobi used izanagi vs konan he was never shown to use hand seals. all he did was take off his mask so he could use his hidden eye, like he did before sasuke hit him with amaterasu. I'm not sure what the anime did, but the canon manga material didn't have him use any seals. perhaps that is part of what makes his izanagi better than danzo's? its ch 510 if you want to check

not having to use hand seals for izanagi would be a huge tactical advantage, since as we saw with danzo, sasuke and karin set him up based partly on when it was clear that he undid and redid the technique with seals

Quote:
Tobi also states that he was lucky to avoid the attack because he kept some secretes from Itachi ( i think this is related to how Itachi's amaterasu didn't work). i think it is fair to say that Itachi knew about Izanagi so maybe the secrete he was talking about wasn't Izanagi.
i agree that itachi knew about izanagi and izanami. i think he didnt know tobi had another eye behind his mask or that tobi knew izanagi or was capable of it since it requires both senju and uchiha blood. like i said, i could be wrong and tobi could be doing something entirely different to avoid death by amaterasu, but what we have already in the manga i think is enough to feel satisfied if we dont get a further explanation of what happened there. and if we dont, then it was definitely izanagi
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote