View Single Post
Old 2012-12-03, 07:02   Link #6
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi View Post
Steins Gate I heard has romance, but barely. Romance isn't even near the focus of the show (according to people). They said that it is just a Scientist/Patient close relationship which sparks at one point, otherwise it's not a romance. I'm not sure since I have never seen it, but I might try it later on. (...) Stein;Gate, as I said in the text above (when I quoted the other person), everyone said it was a scientist/patient relationship and that he is close to all his patients except one of them which ends up with a spark moment (romantic). Everyone said if I'm looking for romance, that it wouldn't fit my requirements.
Where are those people?I need to go yell at them

The first half indeed is on the comic side of things and there's no romance.So yes overall the romance side isn't present throughout the show.
But the second half of the show is a whole lot more dramatic and the guy and girl get closer,by episode 19 his feelings for her are what motivates his actions throughout the rest of the show.The relationship between the two is central to the plot at the end.

I feel it's closer to what you're looking for than HSI or Ano Hana are.

The romance in HSI didn't really go anywhere,it also doesn't really have the type of characters you're looking for.There's some drama but it's mainly lighthearted.

Ano hana is similar to cross game in that you've got a a character setting out to accomplish the wish of his dead childhood love.
However this show is all about one way love relationships,everyone's in love with someone they can't have so it doesn't have the sort of relationship you said you were looking for.

About Touch
Quote:
does it ever get dramatic?

I can 100% guarantee you that it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi View Post
Kaicho wa Maid-sama is definitely on my list, many people told me to watch it since I am a fan of tsundere ever since I watched my 3rd anime which was Shakugan no Shana. I just like other types of tsundere other than Type A. My preferences for tsundere changes from time to time. I heard in this anime, she shows her emotions like in the beginning (embarrassment, not love) and after that, she becomes less emotional. Any comparison and differences between her and Aoba. Also, I never knew the guy was like Kou, I thought he was more open. Having no other major aspect is a down for me, but I can handle it.
Yes she's indeed more of the type to be embarrassed but that's also due to how the male lead likes to put her in embarrassing situations,speaking of him,sorry I didn't express myself quite well about the guy,he's more open up front but you always get the impression that while he seems quite open you never know what he's really thinking,that's why I thought you'd like him.

But she's more similar to Zakuro I'd say,if you're afraid that otome youkai zakuro being short means it's rushed and/or doesn't have a satisfactory ending don't be,in fact the last 5 minutes of the show are my favorite part of it.